Even your old friends treat you like you're somethin' new:

Even your old friends treat you like you're somethin' new:
Johnny come lately (there's a new kid in town). Everybody loves you, so don't let them down.

Thursday, March 27, 2014

It's a tough job, but it's rewarding:

I never mentioned this, but I'm a volunteer firefighter. I've been at it for a few years now. Yes it's dangerous and at times I ask myself if it's really worth it, but I can't begin to describe the feeling one gets when lives are brought back from the brink of destruction.... The above is a pic of myself taken just last weekend. Seems one of our undocumented kitchen help left the stove unattended, and while she was making the eggs benedict the burner ignited the imported lace curtains. I'm not wearing a shirt because it caught on fire and burned off as I was being lowered through the window. My "employee" almost burned to death, but I grabbed her in my thick strong arms and carried her out of the room to safety. I'd go further into detail, but then it would seem like bragging and you know I'm not one to brag or even fabricate a story to make myself look better....

No comments:

Post a Comment