Even your old friends treat you like you're somethin' new:

Even your old friends treat you like you're somethin' new:
Johnny come lately (there's a new kid in town). Everybody loves you, so don't let them down.

Monday, March 10, 2014

If I hadn't been there, I probably wouldn't believe it either:

During my tenure at NASA, right after we had constructed the low-income housing units on Uranus, we were contracted to construct an International House Of Pancakes on Mars. I posted a pic just so you wouldn't think I was fabricating the story (I wasn't wearing my helmet at the time, because it was such a beautiful day, and to be honest that helmet tended to mat down my hair. Plus, wearing the helmet made me tend to feel a little claustrophobic). Progress went pretty smoothly on the construction, but  it was a bit of a learning experience for me as I'd never built a restaurant building before. I had always specialized in luxury housing. There was one glitch though: we had a 6-month delay because the supply pod had forgotten to include the menus. Well naturally there are no print shops on Mars, so we had to wait for another supply pod to arrive. I should have inspected the original pod myself, but I was so busy with my responsibilities it just didn't happen. You know how the old saying goes: "if you want something done right, do it yourself". The woman in the foreground was our original hostess, but unfortunately we had to let her go because she kept telling the patrons about all her medical ailments. When she started telling one of the Corporate Executives about her recent colonoscopy, I knew it was time to give her the pink slip...

2 comments:

  1. Looks like one of my "Sims" Neighborhoods....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best time of year to visit Mars is in the springtime. In my opinion.

      Delete