Even your old friends treat you like you're somethin' new:

Even your old friends treat you like you're somethin' new:
Johnny come lately (there's a new kid in town). Everybody loves you, so don't let them down.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

It's amazing the stuff you find out:

I'm not sure if I told you this, but I'm a huge genealogy buff. I could spend hours studying our family's history. The above is an old photograph of my Great Great Grandfather as a child. His mother was an "entertainer" (although it was never really specified in what capacity), and his father was a pediatrician who made his fortune prescribing opiates to infants to ease their discomfort during their teething phases. Before he knew it, he had built up quite a client list. Of course, today, administering heroin to children is unthinkable, but back in his day nobody thought twice about it. Later on in life he would often express remorse about how he made his fortune, but between you and me, I basically felt the remorse was "disingenuous" at best...

1 comment:

  1. I looked through a large book of "Heraldry" .....
    and my last name of "Lemmon" is of French origin....
    (...meaning "Whore / Prostitute / or "Harlot"....)
    From France my Father's family moved to Holland.....

    ReplyDelete